Search | View Active Threads | View New Posts
Current Time: 06:05 PM

 

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    united states
    Posts
    6

    thoughts on .info domains

    what are your thoughts about the next big extension? will it be the .info I hope it is I own a pretty good one.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,151
    I think .info is at the moment the fastest growing gTLD outside of .com. Several registrars have it on offer for the first year so that may have something to do with the recent interest.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    11
    I must agree, .info has great potential and I am not only saying it because our main website is on info extension. Info is most suitable extension for informational websites and there is lot of money to be made with those. If you would want to get a info domain you would be surprised how difficult it is to find good ones as all the best ones seem to be taken already.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    .com.au
    Posts
    11,051

    Re: thoughts on .info domains

    Originally posted by discountdomainshop
    what are your thoughts about the next big extension? will it be the .info I hope it is I own a pretty good one.
    The ext is now 8 years old and has had moderate but unspectactular price growth, I doubt it is going to be "the next big extension". I think especially if alot of new extensions do come out it will probably continue to underperform.
    GamesRoom.com, Possum.com, Arithmetic.com on greatdomains auction, low reserves, priced to sell!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,151
    Originally posted by howinfo
    If you would want to get a info domain you would be surprised how difficult it is to find good ones as all the best ones seem to be taken already.
    I think this month .info has just past 6,000,000 registrations so that might explain why most of the good ones have already been registered.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,151

    Re: Re: thoughts on .info domains

    Originally posted by snoopy
    The ext is now 8 years old and has had moderate but unspectactular price growth, I doubt it is going to be "the next big extension". I think especially if alot of new extensions do come out it will probably continue to underperform.
    I think each new extension that comes out seems to get less and less interest from domainers.

    Even if there are hundreds of new gTLDs its difficult to imagine more than a handful of English ones gaining worldwide traction. It's far easier to imagine some .brands together with some really niche TLDs like .museum and perhaps a few of the largest cities with their own .city TLDs.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by howinfo View Post
    I must agree, .info has great potential and I am not only saying it because our main website is on info extension. Info is most suitable extension for informational websites and there is lot of money to be made with those. If you would want to get a info domain you would be surprised how difficult it is to find good ones as all the best ones seem to be taken already.
    Yes !! I agree with you. .info is a generic top-level domain ( gTLD) in the DNS (Domain Name System) of the internet. .info indicates informative internet resources. The .info TLD was a response to ICANN's highly publicized announcement. Info is the only top-level domain that was explicitly created for unrestricted use, To check whether a domain name ( what you have preferred for your website) is already registered by anyone or not by using the site 9cubehosting.com .

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    85
    Based on recent sales activity and data, .INFOs have becoming more popular.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    99
    My personal view is .Net after .Com but .info is not too bad either but it all depends on our comfort. If I get a chance I would select .Com any day while .info would come 3rd in my list and with .Com it’s much cheaper as well at the moment I am able to get it for just 99 cents with “99word” voucher code from GoDaddy.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    292

    Thumbs down popular among spammers

    although it is very good extension specially for informational domains, but in my experience .info domains got misused widely and now they are more popular among spammers

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    52
    It is an okay extension. I would still suggest getting a .COM over a .info for anything because it seem as more legitimate to the none internet savvy individual.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  

Sponsors

Trellian Direct Search Network
Domain Escrow Services
Above.com Domain Registrar, Marketplace and Revenue Optimizer

Industry Events

11-14 August 2019
Affiliate Summit East
New York, NY

4-6 March 2019
LeadsCon
Las Vegas

15-18 September 2018
MERGE 2018
Orlando, FL

Poll

How do you invest in domains?
to see the Poll results!
DomainState.com
Domain Tools | Domain Directory | Registrar Stats | Domain Glossary | Industry Events | FAQ | Members | Terms | RSS | Link To Us | Advertise | Contact Us
Other Related Trellian Services:
Above.com Registrar  |  Above.com Marketplace  |  Above.com Domain Manager  |  Free Search Toolbar  |  Free Webpage Builder  |  Keyword Research
Direct Search Navigation  |  Search Engine Submission and SEO Tools
Copyright © 2002 DomainState.com a Trellian Company 2014 Bronze Sponsor - Internet Commerce Association