+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Here & there.
    Posts
    5,366

    Registrar hold-up! - Topsystem.com

    Last January I purchased a domain through Snapnames, and the registrar is TopSystem.

    Last October I received an email from Snapnames stating that they were terminating their agreement with TopSystem. While the email did not state clearly their reasons for doing so, they did strongly advise transferring any domains away from this registrar well before expiry.

    Unfortunately I did not follow their advice, and sure enough it appears that now TopSystem has completely wiped away all Whois contact information on my domain. They have also conveniently denied my transfer-away request, which did occur before expiry.

    Will contacting ICANN directly regarding this matter help?

    Does anyone else have any advice in the matter?

    By the way, avoid Topsystem at all costs.
    Last edited by doughmein; 01-17-2009 at 11:27 AM.
    "Just when I thought that I was out, they pull me back in!"

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    14,877
    Complain to ICANN, flip a coin as to it doing anything.

    You can try asking Snap for help but does not sound like that will help.

    Posting in all the forums will probably do the most good.

    Had it been before expiry I could have helped you.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Here & there.
    Posts
    5,366
    It IS before expiry. (actually, today is the last day)

    ALSO, I should add that Topsystem.com seem to be the same as:

    NeuDomain.com

    NetEstate.com

    Ok, so to this pile let's add HaveAName.com and Globis.com

    Just way WAY too many fly-by-night registrars in operation.

    And just why does Snapnames choose to use so many of them?

    I've submitted a formal complaint to ICANN/Internic.
    Last edited by doughmein; 01-17-2009 at 10:18 AM.
    "Just when I thought that I was out, they pull me back in!"

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Here & there.
    Posts
    5,366
    Whois Server: whois.topsystem.com

    No match for topsystem.com

    Domain name is not sponsored by TopSystem Ltd. or information on this domain name is being updated.


    So, their Whois server is down/non-functional.

    They couldn't pay their electric bill?
    Last edited by doughmein; 01-17-2009 at 11:03 AM.
    "Just when I thought that I was out, they pull me back in!"

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Here & there.
    Posts
    5,366
    Originally posted by ILikeInfo
    Posting in all the forums will probably do the most good.
    This is the one and only forum I belong to.

    "Just when I thought that I was out, they pull me back in!"

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    10,988
    is not africanstrippers.com ...is it?
    Because that is one of the 480 domains at that registrar...
    "

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Here & there.
    Posts
    5,366
    No, unfortunately mine is not so valuable or universally applicable as that.
    "Just when I thought that I was out, they pull me back in!"

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    10,988
    at least it's a safe palce...
    it doesn't seem to be a lot of transfers out lately (nor regs)
    http://www.webhosting.info/registrar...TOPSYSTEM.COM/
    "

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Here & there.
    Posts
    5,366
    So it appears Globis is a registrar broker/wholesaler...

    So maybe all those "registrars" are separate entities... although they all appear to have the same m.o. and address.

    Then I email their (supposed) support and it bounces back from a .ru address.

    "Just when I thought that I was out, they pull me back in!"

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    14,877
    Originally posted by doughmein
    Whois Server: whois.topsystem.com

    No match for topsystem.com

    Domain name is not sponsored by TopSystem Ltd. or information on this domain name is being updated.


    So, their Whois server is down/non-functional.

    They couldn't pay their electric bill?

    As much as I'd like to pile on, we have whois problems to .... Although now that we're not "sharing" a whois server with enom/NameJet most of the problems are gone.

    Why the FK ICANN does not force Versign to implement a centralized whois for COM/NET is beyond me .... There is no end to the list of problems that would solve ....

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1

    Same situation!!

    Doughmein: so what was the final outcome of your situation? Did you somehow get a hold of them? The reason I'm asking is that I'm in the same situation. My one year expires in 10 days and their phone number is out of service. I've contacted ICANN, and they said that right now there's nothing they can do about my situation; they seem pretty powerless actually. So I did a Google search and found your post. I know it may be too late to reply, but I'm hoping that you read this. Any help or insight would be appreciated!!! Thank you!!

    Quote Originally Posted by doughmein View Post
    Last January I purchased a domain through Snapnames, and the registrar is TopSystem.

    Last October I received an email from Snapnames stating that they were terminating their agreement with TopSystem. While the email did not state clearly their reasons for doing so, they did strongly advise transferring any domains away from this registrar well before expiry.

    Unfortunately I did not follow their advice, and sure enough it appears that now TopSystem has completely wiped away all Whois contact information on my domain. They have also conveniently denied my transfer-away request, which did occur before expiry.

    Will contacting ICANN directly regarding this matter help?

    Does anyone else have any advice in the matter?

    By the way, avoid Topsystem at all costs.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1
    natarajmasala

    Regards
    Nataraj


    I think, If you contacting ICNN directly you may get the solution for this.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by nataraj View Post
    natarajmasala

    Regards
    Nataraj


    I think, If you contacting ICNN directly you may get the solution for this.
    I don't think ICANN may resolve that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  

Sponsors

Ending Auctions

Poll

Besides domain registrations, I prefer to work with a registrar that also offers this service?
1. Hosting
2. Marketplace for buying/selling domains
3. Domain Parking
4. Free Webpage with For Sale message
5. Other
to see the Poll results!
 
DomainState.com
Domain Tools | Domain Directory | Registrar Stats | Domain Glossary | Industry Events | FAQ | Members | Terms | RSS | Link To Us | Advertise | Contact Us
Other Related Trellian Services:
Above Domain Parking Manager   |   Free Search Toolbar   |   Free Webpage Builder   |   Keyword Research   |   Search Engine Submission   |   SEO Tools
Copyright © 2002 DomainState.com a Trellian Company